Lawrence W. Lobb was born in Michigan in 1968. He graduated from Wayne State University, cum laude (Phi Beta Kappa) in 1994, the University of Toledo College of Law in 1997 (Phi Beta Kappa, Golden Key Honor Society, Dean’s List), and New York Institute of Technology (MBA) with distinction in 2006 (top student in Litigation Strategies and Dean’s List). While in law school, Larry also served as an intern for the Hon. David A. Katz and the Hon. James G. Carr of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio. He also worked in the Child and Family Abuse Bureau of the Office of the Wayne County (Detroit) Prosecuting Attorney as the Supervising Intern.
He is admitted to practice before all Illinois and Michigan State Courts, as well as District Courts in the Northern District of Illinois, Central District of Illinois, and Eastern District of Michigan. In 2006, he was admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court.
Larry is a member of the Kane County Bar Association, Illinois Bar Association, State Bar of Michigan, and the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys. He is the Chair of the Kane County Bar Association's Public Relations Committee and is a member of its Residential and Commercial Real Estate Committee. Larry has become a frequent lecturer at the KCBA continuing legal education seminars and was named the 2011 Outstanding New Lawyer by the Kane County Bar Association.
In April 2012, Larry was elected to serve a two-year term on the KCBA's Board of Managers. In April of 2014, Larry was elected to serve as the Secretary/Treasurer, which puts him on the track to become the KCBA President in June of 2016.
Larry was named one of the Nation's Top Leading Lawyers for 2017.
Outstanding New Lawyer
Larry was named the Outstanding New Lawyer in 2011 by the Kane County Bar Association.
Larry's practice emphasizes consumer bankruptcy, residential and commercial real estate (including foreclosure law), zoning and land use, estate planning (including wills, trusts, and powers of attorney), contracts (drafting, negotiation and review), collections (and defense), and civil litigation.
Larry can be reached at email@example.com
What Clients Say:
- “Not knowing the process and what to expect. I was was pleased with Lawrence's knowledge and personal approach to me and my legal matters. There was never a moment I felt rushed as I asked many questions. He took his time to explain to me in detail and made my comfort level very high.” – Anonymous, Ch. 7 Bankruptcy client
- “We were facing unknown legal territory and after making multiple calls to multiple attorneys, I came across Larry on the internet. He responded within minutes of my initial email and was incredibly accommodating in scheduling our appointments around our hectic schedule.
- Larry was patient with his explanations and helped my husband and myself become informed consumers. More importantly he helps regain control of our own daily lives. There was never a time when we had a question that Larry did not take the time to give us good information in the form of a rapid response. He was always reassuring and helpful and as we went through the legal process he prepared us for anything that could come up along the way.
- As we move forward, should the need arise for an attorney for any reason, Larry will be our first choice!” – Molly, Ch. 7 Bankruptcy client
- “Through dark days Mr. Lobb was a lifeline in very rough waters. He provided a calming effect, expert counsel and allowed us our dignity at a time when we ourselves questioned our own capabilities to emerge from these difficult times. A first rate individual, a first rate Attorney.” – Mike, Ch. 7 Bankruptcy client
- “I can't say enough good things about Lawrence Lobb. He is so easy to talk to…….doesn't look down his nose at you, treat you gruffly, or act like he's too busy or important to answer ALL your questions, AND he is very, very knowledgeable. I can't picture him getting on the bad side of anyone……he is a really personable, professional guy who knows the law and more. He took my worries away during a difficult time. His expectations were “on target” and encouraging about what he thought would be the outcome.” – Sharon, Collection Defense client
- “Larry was terrific in a very stressful and terrifying situation. He showed compassion, understanding and really worked for us. I would recommend him over any other lawyer that I have worked with in the past.” – Mary, Foreclosure Defense client
- “Larry provided me with an effective process through chapter 7 bankruptcy through his knowledge, and communication of the process. With that knowledge I was able to go through the chapter 7 process successfully.” – Anonymous, Ch. 7 Bankruptcy client
- “My finance and I were faced with a difficult Landlord issue and contacted Mr. Lobb for guidance and information. With his knowledge on the topic, he fully explained our options and best ways to approach the situation. We choose to have Mr. Lobb contact the Landlord on our behalf. He was professional, considerate of the situation, and kept us updated with our options and next steps. We would recommend Mr. Lobb without any hesitation. He is sure to get the job done and educate you about your rights along the way.” – Andrea, Landlord/Tenant client