Roman J. Seckel grew up in Northeast Wisconsin. He is a 2002 graduate of St. Norbert College, summa cum laude, where he was awarded the Rev. Robert Cornell Excellence in Political Science Award and was a member of the Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity. He went on to graduate from John Marshall Law School, cum laude, in 2005. While in law school he was a quarter- finalist in the Dominick L. Gabrielli National Family Law Moot Court Competition and interned for Sen. Peter Fitzgerald.
Roman is admitted to practice in front of all Illinois State Courts and is also admitted to practice law in Wisconsin. Since starting with the firm in 2005, he has become an active member of the Kane County Bar Association, serving as chair of the Local Government Committee and as chair of the Legal Ethics Committee. He is a frequent presenter at Kane County Bar Association Seminars, presenting on topics in various areas of his practice including family law, municipal law and guardianship issues. Roman has also presented to the Chicago Bar Association, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education and Sterling Education Services. Roman has also had multiple articles published in the Illinois Bar Journal and Kane County Bar Briefs.
Roman is also active in the community. Among other volunteer efforts, he has served on the St. John Neumann Pastoral Council, the St. Charles Library Foundation Board and as general counsel for the Kane County Bar Foundation.
In January 2014, Roman had his fourth article published in the Illinois Bar Journal. Roman’s first article that was published in the Illinois Bar Journal earned him the Lincoln Writing Award in 2007.
Roman was named Outstanding New Lawyer in 2010 by the Kane County Bar Association.
Roman was one of the Best Under 40 among Fox Valley Professionals in 2015 by the Kane County Chronicle.
Roman was also named Top Emerging Lawyer in 2015 and 2016.
Roman was honored by the Kane County Chronicle as one of the best young professionals under the age of 40 in 2015.
National Academy of Family Law Attorneys
Top 10 Under 40 Lawyers
Roman Seckel has been named one of the top 10 lawyers under 40 in Illinois by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys.
Roman Seckel’s practice areas include family law, divorce, custody, adoptions, municipal law, real estate, collections, landlord-tenant, corporate and business planning and general civil litigation.
Roman can be contacted by email at email@example.com.
Roman Seckel practices in the following geographical areas:
- DeKalb County – including, but not limited to, Cortland, DeKalb, Kaneville, Maple Park, Sandwich, Sycamore, and other ares of DeKalb County
- DuPage County – including, but not limited to, Addison, Glen Ellyn, Lombard, Naperville, Oak Brook, West Chicago, Warrenville, Wheaton, Winfield and other ares of DuPage County
- Kane County – including but not limited to, Algonquin, Aurora, Batavia, Burlington, Carpentersville, Elburn, Elgin, Geneva, Gilberts, Hampshire, Montgomery, North Aurora, South Elgin, St. Charles, Sugar Grove, Wasco and other ares of Kane County
- Kendall County – including, but not limited to, MIllbrook, Newark, Oswego, Sandwich, Sheridan, Somonauk, Yorkville and other ares of Kendall County
- Cook County, including Chicago, Jo Davies County, McHenry County, Lake County, Ogle County, Will County and Winnebago County depending on the matte