The final, lasting gift you can leave for your loved ones is an estate that is well planned and organized for them to take over. Do not leave your estate to be determined by happenstance and the laws of intestacy. Estate planning and administration considerations apply to everyone, but especially to people with children or want to plan their legacies.
Determine for yourself who will handle your estate, who will raise your children, who will receive your assets and how they will be managed. If you want to make the administration of your estate less costly and less time consuming, and if you want to protect the assets you leave to your loved ones, a Living Trust can be used for that purpose. If you have a sizable estate, you can avoid or minimize state inheritance tax and federal estate tax with Trusts. Put in place mechanisms for the management of your estate while you are living, but unable to manage your own affairs, with Powers of Attorney for Health Care and Property.
Flat Fee Estate Planning
We have established flat fees so you know what your estate planning will cost. The flat fees for Wills include:
- Last Will & Testament;
- Durable Power of Attorney for Property;
- Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care; and
- Living Will.
The flat fees for Living Trusts include:
- Revocbale Living Trust;
- Pourover Will;
- Bill of Sale for Tangible Personal Property;
- Deed for your personal residence;
- Durable Power of Attorney for Propety;
- Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care;
- Living Will; and
- Trust Funding Summary.
Contact Us today for an Estate Planning Worksheet – and specify individual or couple.
Without gathering basic information and knowing your desires for your estate planning, we cannot quote fees to you upfront. We would be guessing about what you need and want. So, we offer an initial consultation at half our regular hourly rate in order to gather the basic information from the Worksheet and meeting with you to determine what you desire to do for your estate planning, and we can tell you then what the cost will be based on that information and your direction. If you decide not to follow through with your estate planning, for whatever reason, you can keep the Worksheet and the advice and guidance we have given you. If you decide to go forward with your estate planning, we will credit the initial meeting fee against the flat fee for the type of estate planning that you choose.
Estate Planning Resources
Follow the link for educational and informative articles on Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorneys and many different nuances, principles, issues and considerations related estate planning in our Estate Planning Blog. We believe that the best client is an educated client!
In addition to estate planning, we handle various forms of Estate Administration:
- Probate Administration – Representing executors and administrators through the probate process and other interested parties in the probate process and related estate litigation (to challenge a will, to remove an executor or administrator, for collection of debts, etc.);
- Trust Administration – representing trustees in the administration of trusts and other interested parties;
- Alternative forms of Estate Administration – Representing families and individuals in alternative, non-probate forms of administration of estates (such as small estate administration, administration with bonds in lieu of probate and the like).
- Guardianship – Representing individuals in the establishment of guardianship for minors and disabled adults.
- Adoption – Representing individuals and couples in related and unrelated adoptions.