Kevin G. Drendel is a graduate of Cornell College, cum laude, and a 1991 graduate of Northern Illinois University College of Law, magna cum laude. At Northern Illinois University, he was a member of the Law Review, and published an article in the University’s scholarly (NIU Law Review 73, 1990). He received the West Publishing Award for Outstanding Scholastic Achievement. He is admitted to practice in front of all Illinois State Courts in the U.S. District Court, the Northern District of Illinois. Kevin is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and the Kane County Bar Association (KCBA). He was director (1999-2000), the Sec/Treasurer (2000-2001), 1st Vice President (2002-2003) and President of the KCBA (2003-2004) and member of the Judicial Evaluation Committee (2016- ). He is past Chair of the Local Government Law Committee and served on Estate & Probate, Website, Membership, Appellate Practice and Delivery of Legal Services Committees at the Kane County Bar Foundation. Kevin is also a member of the Community Foundation Council of Professional Advisors and of the Fox Valley Estate Planning Council. Kevin is a member of the Board of Directors of the Fox Valley Music Foundation and the North Aurora Lion’s Club. In addition, Kevin is a member of the Christian Legal Society, the Illinois Municipal League and the Illinois Institute for Local Governmental Law. He is a past member and secretary of the Illinois Chapter of the National Association of Telecommunication Officials & Advisors. He is the General Counsel for the Village of North Aurora and City of Batavia.
Kevin G. Drendel has attained a preeminent AV rating from Martindale-Hubbel, the oldest and one time only rating service for attorneys. According to Martindale-Hubbel, only 4% of the 900,000+ attorneys listed have an AV rating (over 4 on a scale of 1-5). Kevin Drendel has a 4.9 client rating and a 4.7 peer rating.
Kevin was recognized as one of Chicago’s Top Rated Lawyers in 2013-2016 by The American Lawyer in connection with The National Law Journal.
Kevin’s practice emphasizes estate planning, including wills, trusts and powers of attorney; business planning and organization, including business formation, corporate maintenance, buying and selling; commercial and residential real estate, including land use, real estate development and zoning law; local governmental law; commercial and other civil litigation; appellate practice; and collections.
Kevin can be contacted by email at email@example.com.
What Clients Say:
- “Kevin was extremely knowledgable about the estate planning process. He answered all my questions and gave me sound advice on options to reach my goals. Kevin provided information on trust departments for me to investigate which I found to be very valuable in making my decision on whom to choose. Kevin did a great job demystifying the estate planning process!” – Linda, an Estate Planning Client
- “I used Kevin for legal services relating to a complicated real estate transaction, and for the development of a last will and testament. In both instances, Kevin was very knowledgeable, willing to listen to ideas, offer advice, and provide timely and efficient service. Once a course of action was decided upon, Kevin and his team of legal professionals saw the implementation of the necessary actions through to completion” – Anonymous Real Estate/Estate Planning Client
- “I've worked with Kevin from both a business and a personal perspective and he has always demonstrated thorough knowledge, provided sound advice, and exhibited the highest ethical standards. I have recommended him to both family and friends.” – Rob, Business/Corporate Client
- “Kevin Drendel and his law firm have literally been with me since my first day in business as Cooper Hong Inc. Kevin helped us navigate through the incorporation process and through the annual meeting and reporting procedures required by the state. At every point as I have taken new steps in my business, I have sought Kevin's input, and he has always been timely, professional and thorough in his responses. More than that, he provided wise and careful counsel that helped see me through a challenging personal lawsuit, helped our company negotiate a contractual agreement that protected our interests with a major client, and assisted us in developing our first employee handbook. – Jane, Business/Corporate Client
- I feel extremely fortunate to have happened upon Kevin and his firm when I first started looking for an attorney, and I would recommend Drendel & Jansons to anyone seeking a reliable, hard-working law firm for their business.” – Jane, Business/Corporate Client
- “Kevin is an honest and reasonable resource for your legal needs. I have recommended him to many people.” Jeff, Business/Corporate Client
- “Kevin Drendel is an excellent village attorney for the Village of North Aurora. He is thorough, knowledgeable and steadfast. I enjoyed working with him; knowing that I would get the right answer to my question. As an attorney, he represents his clients with exceptional service and loyalty.” – Municipal Client Representative
- “I have known Kevin for fifteen years and can attest to his work ethic, knowledge and professional approach to his clients and issues. I have also had numerous opportunities to socialize with Kevin and regard him as a trusted friend and committed husband and farther.” – Municipal Client Representative
- “Kevin is very thorough person. Works hard to make sure everything is in place before making a decision. I would recommend Kevin for any issue.” – Municipal Client Representative
- “Kevin has continued to provide expert municipal legal advice and is very responsive. His good work is validated by the fact that we continually contract with him and his firm for our legal needs.” – Municipal Client Representative
More From Lawyers.com:
- Kevin was perceptive, quick and efficient with my breach of contract issue. He explained the alternatives and the possible outcomes of each. It was decided to pursue a lawsuit, which Kevin efficiently drafted, reviewed with me, and filed with the court. This resulted in an out-of-court settlement being reached within days of the filing. Kevin also handled the drafting of the settlement agreement. Performance is what counts in a court case, and Kevin Drendel performed like a Champ! Posted by a Small Business on 02/13/12
- I found Kevin G. Drendel readily accessible and easy to work with. His communication skills are very good and he poses questions to the client so as to better understand the needs of the client. His work habits appear to be very methodical and thorough. Additionally, although he maintains a very professional relationship with his clients, he is successful at putting the client at ease. Posted by a Consumer on 02/05/12
- We have been very pleased with the work Kevin has done in developing our trust which included “special needs” accommodations for one of our daughters and a granddaughter. His insight and research in this area was very helpful in making our plans for the future. We have also appreciated his easy accessibility when dealing with legal matters of a general nature. We also have appreciated our dealings with Kevin's father, Gilbert X. Drendel, attorney now semi-retired in the same firm. Posted by a Consumer on 02/02/12
- I like the fact that Kevin keeps it simple when explaining things to me and the professionalism he shows in his work. I have recommended Kevin to others and will continue to do so. Posted by a Small Business on 02/01/12
- Very good for small businesses. Posted by a Small Business on 02/01/12
- I have used Kevin and his staff for a number of legal issues and advice. I find his knowledge and advice to be precise, timely and very useful. His ethics are beyond reproach. As head of the practice, Kevin encourages his partners to be actively involved in the community and give back to the community in a variety of ways. Kevin is a asset to the profession. Posted by a Consumer on 02/01/12
- Before working with Kevin, I had never engaged the services of a lawyer, but within two years, a series of circumstances had me working with three lawyers in two states. Of the three, Kevin was consistently the quickest to respond to my inquiries. His ethics and professionalism are always apparent, as are his commitment to family and the community. Posted by a Small Business on 07/09/10
- Kevin was very helpful to us. Posted by a Consumer on 07/09/10
- Kevin is an amazing asset to our team. We are a small non-profit, community television station and he has guided us through many situations. From language in our bylaws to reviewing contracts, Kevin always came through with amazing knowledge. I could not lead my organization as confidently without Kevin. Posted by a Small Business on 07/08/10
What Other Attorneys Say:
- “Kevin Drendel is one of the most experienced, understanding, and competent business attorneys in our community. We have been both opponents and co-counsel on a number of matters. His ethics and courtesy meet the highest standards of our profession. I respect both his integrity and insight. His calm and objective approach to problems and issues is something that anyone searching for a good business and transactional attorney should find invaluable. I highly recommend Kevin and his firm.” – Peter M. Storm, Geneva
- “I would highly recommend Kevin. We have worked together collaboratively for about 18 years on a variety of projects. Kevin is highly ethical, always puts the interests of his client first and is very knowledgeable on all areas of Illinois law. Anyone would be well served having Kevin as their attorney.” – Steve Andersson, Aurora
- “I have known both he and his father for many years. Kevin is a lawyer of integrity as well as excellent legal skills. I believe that he is an excellent lawyer and a credit to our profession!” – John Early, Elgin
- “… possessing the highest character, ethics and ability.” – Rob Dawidiuk, Naperville
- “Kevin's knowledge of the law combined with his ability to listen and understand the issues/problems set him apart from other lawyers specializing in municipal law.” – Vince Mancini, Lisle
- “I would highly recommend Kevin. He served as president of the Kane County Bar Association and is well known and respected in the legal community. I would strongly recommend him as a knowledgeable, thoughtful and highly skilled practitioner.” – John Regan, Elgin
- “Kevin is a consummate, well-rounded professional. He is a dedicated advocate for his clients and causes, but remains professional and courteous in related actions. Kevin is experienced and possesses a vast depth of knowledge which he willingly shares with colleagues and applies in mentoring newer attorneys. Kevin is an active member in the legal community, including the Kane County Bar Association, as well as a dedicated member and supporter of his community.” – Brian O'Connor, Elburn
- “As a former colleague of Kevin, I can attest that he is an honest and competent attorney who serves his clients well.” – Vince Tessitore, Aurora
- “I recommend Mr. Drendel without hesitation. This is an unsolicited recommendation that comes from the heart. The world needs more attorneys and people like Kevin Drendel. I went to Law School with Kevin. He is ethical, articulate, creative, and a passionate advocate. He graduated second in our law school class, and was well respected by his peers and professors. Beside his intelligence and legal skills, he is above all, a man of uncompromising integrity. I value him as a friend and colleague.” – Tony Vella, Naperville
What Others Say
- “Kevin is one of the most knowledgable, honest and caring attorneys I have ever met. His knowledge is shared through his blogs and websites and is one of the most committed persons I have ever worked with. He is an advocate for the community, and gives back through his relentless community service. Honesty, integrity, and commitment to excellence are just a few of the attributes that describe him and his law firm. If you have any legal needs, he is the first person I will recommend! ” – Brian Basilico, business associate